Monday, March 31, 2008

The Great Outdoors

Cody, Bryn, and I set up our tent in the lanai and had a camp out Saturday night. We're going camping with some friends in the Keys for a few days at the end of the week so we were having a dry run. Here we are reading scriptures before bed. Bryn and Cody loved sleeping in the tent. Notice Cody's jammies...he pretty much refuses to wear a top and bottom that match. Needless to say, that is NOT worth the fight so you never know what he'll look like at night!
This morning we started our new family hobby, letterboxing. To summarize, you follow clues to find a hidden letterbox. Inside the box is a stamp and a notebook and you also bring a stamp and a notebook. When you find the box you leave your stamp and name in the notebook and put the letterbox stamp in your notebook. Make sense?
Here is Bryn with our first letterbox. After following clues for about a mile, Bryn found the box right away!
Here she is hiding the box for the next letterboxers.

It was really fun. I've been doing a lot of praying and pondering lately. Anyway, one of the conclusions I've come to is that I want to spend more time in the outdoors with our kids. This is one of the ways I plan on doing it. (I've come to a lot of other conclusions too, but I'll save those for another day!)

6 comments:

Brad and Cathy said...

Camping is great fun. We hope you have a great time in the Keys.

Betsy said...

what does your stamp look like?

kosure said...

That's great. Maybe when they get a little older you can get a GPS and you can do .

kosure said...

click that period for a Geocaching link.

jess and scott said...

Looks like so much fun. I am jealous that you are going camping! It'll be so much fun.

Lori and Matt said...

I'm a friend of Jess's, but just wanted to say that you are such a cute mom! I get a ton of ideas from you of what to do with my son and Jess and I talk all the time about the cool things you are doing. Have fun camping!