Saturday, April 5, 2008

Camping in the Keys

We spent the last few days camping at John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo, Florida. We had a great time! Here's a picture of our little campsite. Camping in Florida is different than anywhere else I've camped. The sites are REALLY close together with no buffer in between. We made the most of our space though and fit 11 people on our one site. The small tent on the left is ours. It was plenty big enough for this trip, but for our next adventure I think we'll have to invest in either a bigger tent or do a kid tent and a parent tent. You can actually walk right into the water from the beach and go snorkeling. There are tons of fish and other creatures to see. Here are Braden and Cody snorkeling. The next day Cody and I went snorkeling together. I swam around and snorkeled while Cody rode on my back.


The other family we went with has an 8 year old daughter. Bryn had a blast being her shadow. I think that painted each others nails 5 or 6 times. (you cam imagine how that looked!!!)We had a great time and are excited to go camping again. Unfortunately, in Florida its too hot to camp during the summer, so we're done until the fall. We are going to plan to camp in the Keys again next year during spring break. It'd be even more fun if you joined us!! You need to reserve a site at the campground months in advance so get out your calender and see if you can come!! Let us know if you're in!!!

1 comments:

jess and scott said...

looks like fun. count us in if everything works out!