Monday, May 5, 2008

Church News

This post is mostly for Jenn. (If you're not Jenn you're welcome to continue reading...it just may not be interesting to you.) Yesterday our ward boundaries were changed for the fourth of fifth time since we moved here (3 years ago.) We're now in the Naples Ward along with everyone else that lives south of the Lee/Collier line. It was a sad Sunday. The wonderful people of the Bonita Ward have really become our family here in Florida. We'll miss them dearly.

To add to the mix, Braden got called to be on the High Council (are we really that old?!?!?!) so I'll be going solo with the kids most Sundays. I remember the first Sunday I was by myself with the kids at Church after we moved here. Cody was just a baby and was really fussy that day and Bryn was a busy toddler. Jenn came out into the hallway and took Bryn for me. She sat on Travis' lap during the rest of the meeting and peeled all of the wrappers off their crayons!

3 comments:

jess and scott said...

Crazy!

Jenn said...

Wish we were there to help! I cannot believe that they have changed them AGAIN!!! We just heard about a change a few weeks ago where they changed the boundaries of Naples and Golden Gate. Crazy! We were in three wards ourselves in those last few years (Bonita, Naples, and Golden Gate).
Congrats to Braden on the High Council. Yes, we are that old! Ha! Ha! Did I tell you that Travis was called as Bishop here in November? I feel too young to be the "Bishop's wife" but I guess I'm not as young as I think I am! :o) It's going well, but there are some very stressful moments for him, and I feel so helpless that he cannot talk to me about it! We definitely see the blessings of his service, though!
I sure do miss you guys!

Rachel Clare said...

Holy Cow. Now we need to start making "dry council" jokes!

Sorry you guys are losing a bunch of your friends- ward changes are hard... on everyone.
Good luck with all of the transitions!