Friday, August 22, 2008

While the Floor Dries

I just finished washing the floor and figured while it dries I'd post a little update.

  • Tropical Storm Fay blew in on Tuesday around 5am. She brought some wind and A LOT of rain. Between 5:00 and 6:00 our electricity flickered about 50 times (no exaggeration) and then finally went out. Just around the time it started to get warm in the house (around 11:30) it came back on. Our street has some serious flooding and we lost a few branches off trees in our yard, but that was the worst of it.
  • Bryn started kindergarten on Wednesday and Cody started preschool on Thursday. They both said good-bye without a second thought and loved every minute of being at school. Its quite an adjustment having Brynnie Boo gone all day. We miss her at home. Having Cody gone for a few hours in the morning a few days a week is WONDERFUL!!
  • My mom, sisters, and I are going to Hotlanta (or Atlanta if you prefer to call it that) for a Girls Weekend in October and I'm totally excited. Among other things we are going to see Wicked (which my friend Stacy got me hooked on.) Three nights away....yipeee!!
  • I love Kosher salt. One of my pretend computer friends (The Pioneer Woman) uses it in all her cooking. Everything I've ever made of hers is super yummy (last night we had Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich and Crash Hot Potatoes) so I figured I'd try the salt she swears by and....it really is as awesome as she claims.
  • We're going to go camping over Spring Break in the Keys again. We booked our campsites the other day. This time Scott and Jes and coming too. The kids and I are already super excited (Braden doesn't get excited about things this far ahead of time...its one of his personal rules.)
  • Eight days until my JUBILEE birthday!! (that means I'll be 30 on the 30th) Braden would like to thank Marisa for educating me on the Jubilee birthday because that's all he has heard about for the past month or so...THANKS!!

2 comments:

jess and scott said...

We are so excited for the trip. Glad things are getting back to normal and the kids are enjoying school. They looked great the first day.

Anonymous said...

Oooh I like your new blog design!! I have a few things to respond to:

1, I love Wicked too, and ever since Rob and I were dating I have been dying to take him to it... so we will all have to go together sometime!

2, Things must be so low-key with Cody gone. Ahh your kid are getting so old. And Abby is beautiful!

3, I want to go camping in the keys! That sounds so fun!

4, Hooray for jubilee birthdays and turning 30!

Okay, I guess that's all.