I haven't posted in about a week so I have a lot of catching up to do! First of all, Bryn and Cody had their first soccer game of the spring season on Saturday (Cody's first game ever since he was too young to play in the fall.) Cody ran after the ball like a crazy man for the entire game. He was really proud of himself for being VERY sweaty after the game! Bryn had a great time too. At one point she was trying to convince the goalie for the other team to throw the ball to her if he got it and then let her score. He caught on just in time!! They both fun and got some exercise which is what it is all about, right?
Remember when I decided that I HAD to make aprons for the kids? And I also said that I'd be making a cute ruffly apron for myself? I finally did! I bought the fabric last week and took my time cutting the pieces and pressing everything and sewed it last night. It was such a fun project. I can't wait to make more! (As you can tell from the fabric I chose I'm on a bit of a Western kick right now. I think I'm going to decorate our next house in a Westernish style. By the time we move into a new house though I'll probably be over it!!!)
Next, for those of you who participated in my card swap I'm happy to announce that the cards are in the mail! It was fun to see what everyone made. Each card is very different than the rest so you'll be getting a good mix. Thanks for playing!!!
I've been thinking a lot about the next swap I'd like to host and I've decided that in honor of my latest project and recent love of all things aprony I'll host a half-apron swap. This swap will be a little bit different. Participants will make one half apron and receive one in return. Let me know if you want to participate or need more details. (I've got lots of apron ideas and web resources I'd love to share!) Aprons should be postmarked no later than June 1st.
Lastly, and most importantly, I reread this book, You Can Never Get Enough of What You Don't Need: The Quest for Contentment by Mary Ellen Edmonds, a couple of weeks ago. I think I've read it twice before and finished it each time thinking, "oh, that was a good book." This time though it really hit me. I can honestly say that it has changed me. I'd highly recommend it and would love to know what you think!


7 comments:
Yay! It felt like it had been forever since you posted something. But I've been horrible about commenting lately too. Anyway I love the apron, but I might have to opt out of the next exchange since
1. I don't own a sewing machine and
2. I don't really know how to sew (I'm trying to learn, but it's kind of hard when you don't own a sewing machine)
But maybe another time! I can't wait to get the cards.
I am in, just found a great fabric store but might need some suggestions!
Can't wait to see you guys. Do they have a game while we are there?
Oh and I like the apron. It's fun to have so many different prints!
Love the apron! I like how you are so motivated to try new things. Count me in on the apron swap.I already have some really cute fabric ready to go.
I really like that MEE book...you've inspired me to read it again. I'm not sure about the apron exchange...give me a couple of days to see if I have the courage:)
Hey! Love the apron! I never knew you had SO many talents!!! I need to get that MEE book. I have a few others by her, and just saw her last month at TOFW in Tallahassee. I'll put it on my "list." Are you guys still doing book club? We are just starting one here this month--I hope it's as fun as ours was!
I am going to try and check out that book today at the library.
Post a Comment